Director of Risk Management, Media and Intellectual Property
Daytona Beach, FL, US
NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join in the position of Director of Risk Management, Media, and Intellectual Property based in our corporate headquarters in Daytona Beach, FL.
The Director of Risk Management, Media, and Intellectual Property will provide leadership and oversight with respect to the effectiveness of existing insurance programs for the business. Experience required in cybersecurity, media, and intellectual property required.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Collaboratively establish and implement risk management strategy for the business including facilities, cybersecurity, licensing, media and intellectual property aspects of the business
- Identify and analyze loss exposures faced by the business
- Analyze data on the effectiveness of existing programs and determine appropriate types of insurance and amounts including retention amounts, to cover loss exposures
- Prepare a request for proposals and oversee renewals of existing insurance programs
- Oversee the review of all company agreements (experience with intellectual property and media agreements required)
- Provide corporate oversight to the workplace safety and emergency services operations of all operations and facilities
- Review litigation documents and attend mediation conferences and trials resulting from insured litigation
- Develop and sustain broker relationships.
- Assist the risk management department as needed with special projects and other related matters
- Approximate travel required 20%, including some weekend travel
Qualifications include the following:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and a minimum of seven (7) years of related experience, preferably in a similar position or employed by a broker in the media and intellectual property space or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to work on highly sensitive projects
- Flexible to adapt to a dynamic industry environment
- Strong proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint
- Analytical; creative, effective problem-solving abilities
- Strong leadership and presentation skills
Learn more about this role and our team by applying for consideration at www.nascar.com/careers.
We are a company unlike any other in the world. At NASCAR you will find a community of diverse individuals focused on our history and heritage, but with an eye toward the future. We want you to bring your experience, skills, and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. The key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, benefits second to none, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best-qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, age, color, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, or any characteristic that is protected by law.
Follow us on Twitter – @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings.Location: Type: Business Development