Indianapolis, IN, US
The Graphic Design Intern is responsible for providing support for the marketing/communications department through a variety of channels, print, digital, web, and others as assigned. The Graphic Design intern will report to the Art Director and will assist with the development of core INDYCAR materials and a variety of creative tasks as assigned.
- Create and design print and digital materials
- Adhere to brand guidelines and complete projects according to deadline
- Retouch and manipulate images
- Use graphic design software and work with a wide variety of media
- Collaborate with the Art Director to develop design concepts
- Assemble final presentation material for printing as needed
- Assist in scheduling projects and inputting into job tracking database
- Files and maintains project digital archives and hard copy files
- Attends meetings pertaining to individual projects or brainstorming
- Contributing to team efforts by accomplishing tasks as needed
- Other various office duties as assigned
- Attending or graduated from a four-year college or university in graphic design.
- Valid driver’s license is required
- Must be proficient in Macintosh based software: Adobe Creative Suite: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Flash and web design/html knowledge and experience also preferred
- Must have ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong people skills; must be effective at managing good client relations
- Team Player
- High integrity and confidentiality
- Innovative thinker and self-starter
- Embodies the values of The Hulman Way: Own Results. Take Initiative. Value Diversity. Stay Resilient & Solution-Oriented. Act with Integrity. Speak Plainly. Build Relationships. Nurture Talent.
- No travel required.
- General office hours are 8:30am-5pm, Monday-Friday; additional hours required on event days/weekends.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Physical demands consist primarily of sitting, standing and walking.
- Must be able to see and hear in the normal range with or without correction and communicate verbally and in written form with great facility and must be able to be understood.
- Must have the stamina to work long hours and must be willing to work an irregular schedule, which may include weekends or evenings.
- Occasional work outdoors requires physical strength and stamina to endure extreme heat, cold, rain and other conditions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is primarily performed in an office environment, and in close proximity to other workers. Work occasionally will be performed outdoors.
- Interns will be exposed to those conditions normally encountered in a business office environment.
- Interns are faced with frequent interruptions and must meet with others on a regular basis.
- The noise level in the work environment can be loud, due to professional racing events.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Hulman & Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities and/or events