Concord, NC, USA
The Racing Operations Department is seeking candidates who are self-starting and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment. Interns in this department need exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Assist Director of Racing Operations in all aspects of on-track and competition racing operations.
Including but not limited to:o Day-to-day staff management
- Direct competition and related logistics
- Jet Dryer logistics, staffing, and operations
- Oversee fence and wall repair or maintenance
- Oversee track repair
- Public Safety coordination with state and local authorities
- Training for officials and on-track crews
- Oversee the Track Services department
- Assist with management of all schedules for CMS events
- Help coordinate with NASCAR and other racing series for scheduling, logistics, race operations, and event management
- Assist with all Action Sports related entities
- Assist the CMS Events Department with events at CMS 1.5 mile track, the dirt track, and the zMAX Dragway.
- Assist with Summer Shootout and all US Legends operations with CMS
- Assist with all on-track racing activities
- Help facilitate safety and ground logistics with stunts for pre-race shows or press conferences
- Work directly with facility operations to ensure work orders from events and GS&L are prioritized and managed accordingly
- CMS is one of the busiest facilities in the country and this internship will help with track rental customers. This is a hands-on, fast-paced internship. A lot of experience will be gained in event preparation and planning.
- Intern must be able to work a minimum of 40 hours per week plus all events held during the semester.
- Word and Excel Spreadsheet experience required.
*This is an unpaid internship. As a token of gratitude, all interns who complete the semester internship and work the race events held during the semester internship will receive a stipend.*
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Charlotte, NC, US
Apply to this job posting if you are interested in other internship opportunities not currently listed as openings with Hendrick Motorsports.
Requirements We will not accept telephone calls or resumes from recruiting firms.
Hendrick Motorsports is an equal opportunity employer. EEO/AA/m/f/vets/disabled
Mooresville, NC, US
- Customer Focus
- Ownership Spirit
All student workers must be current students in good standing at UTI. The student worker position will vary from campus to campus and job to job. Please see the hiring manager or the People Services Coordinator for details of a specific position. However, all student workers must be responsible, quick to learn, action-oriented, and responsive to others.
Monday – Friday 1 pm – 5 pm
Charlotte, NC, US
NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join in the position of Senior Director, Business Development based in our Charlotte, NC office.
The Senior Director, Business Development is responsible for all aspects of business development, including; identifying appropriate categories, specific companies, and decision-makers; updating sales materials and sales databases; preparing presentations and specifically engaging sales efforts around new business opportunities.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Developing new sales leads and actively prospect daily.
Working with NASCAR, NASCAR Digital Media, race teams, tracks, media partners, and other stakeholders on revenue development strategies.
Work with NASCAR departments to create additional revenue strategies and opportunities.
Providing in-depth research on potential industry partners.
Developing sales proposals & collateral for potential sponsors.
Working on internal sports industry databases to track sponsors in competitor leagues.
Providing targeted sales lead sheets with key contacts & company information.
Identifying and working to solidify potential sponsors and business opportunities.
Engage in exceptional client and internal communication and follow-up to provide a positive end-to-end client experience.
Act as the primary liaison with internal teams and external industry partners to develop and monetize unique cross-functional revenue opportunities.
Participating in new business meetings to learn how to position NASCAR to potential prospects.
Working with NASCAR analytics and insights department to develop custom research for prospects.
Regularly coordinating sales efforts with senior members of multiple industry stakeholders.
Approximate travel 50%, including weekends.
Qualifications include the following:
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or eight (8) to ten (10) years of experience in Sponsorship Sales, Sports Industry, Media Sales; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrated ability to create new and to maintain existing C-suite relationships.
Learn more about this role and our team by applying for consideration at www.nascar.com/careers.
We are a company unlike any other in the world. At NASCAR you will find a community of diverse individuals focused on our history and heritage, but with an eye toward the future. We want you to bring your experience, skills, and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. The key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, benefits second to none, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best-qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, age, color, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, or any characteristic that is protected by law.
Follow us on Twitter – @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings.