Indianapolis, IN, US
An INDYCAR Marketing internship is a paid position and is designed to provide an individual with real-world experience in consumer marketing, brand building, and digital promotion. This role will participate in marketing efforts, which can include traveling to various events where the role will interact with consumers and represent INDYCAR. Individuals will be immersed in a variety of activities including field marketing, advertising programs, media planning, assisting in the development of the INDYCAR website, content creation, delivering email marketing campaigns, and connecting with fans through social media for INDYCAR. In addition to the marketing department, this role will work closely with individuals in public and media relations.
- Act as an INDYCAR brand ambassador at all times
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the INDYCAR brand and various teams, drivers and venues
- Maintain department season-long and event-specific master schedules that monitor all race events, driver/sponsor/team events, and additional events organized by promotors and all other department stakeholders.
- Plan and execute fan engagement events at race events, special events and other opportunities as assigned
- Curate email campaign and content schedule; deliver email marketing messages and help organize the INDYCAR email database
- Assist in coordinating content with other departments and organizations at INDYCAR as needed.
- Provide ideas, contacts, suggestions on program improvement.
- Serves an integral role in assisting with all areas of the marketing department.
- Other duties as assigned by the INDYCAR VP, Marketing, and/or other management in the Marketing Department.
- Currently enrolled or recently graduated from a four-year College/University.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems such as Sitecore or Salesforce
- Has knowledge and skills about creating digital content and the ability to support INDYCAR digital channels when necessary.
- Possess strong interpersonal, communication, analytical, written, and verbal skills.
- Maintain professionalism across all communication platforms (ability to send professional, clean, succinct emails)
- Manage multiple tasks and requests effectively; ability to establish priorities and details and balance schedules of multiple race weekends.
- The flexibility of the work schedule to support the Marketing-Communications staff as required.
- Innovative thinker and self-starter.
- Result oriented and creative.
- Strong people skills.
- Knowledge of the Motorsports Entertainment World, IndyCar Series, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, and other related activities and the relationship between them, ie promoter vs. series vs. a team
- Passionate about sports, motorsports, and/or sports marketing.
- Embodies the values of The Hulman Way: Own Results. Take Initiative. Value Diversity. Stay Resilient & Solution-Oriented. Act with Integrity. Speak Plainly. Build Relationships. Nurture Talent.
- Some travel may be required during the 2020 NTT IndyCar Series season, 25% of the time at the job.
- Must be available to work a minimum of 4-5 shifts during the workweek and must have 100% availability during event times
- Must be available to work weekends as well as some overnight trips that may include attending IndyCar races.
- Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work overtime as needed
- Must be willing to work unusual hours
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Physical demands consist primarily of sitting, standing and walking; sometimes for long hours
- Must be able to see and hear in the normal range with or without correction and communicate verbally and in written form with great facility and must be able to be understood.
- Must have the stamina to work long hours and must be willing to work an irregular schedule, which may include weekends or evenings.
- Work outdoors requires physical strength and stamina to endure extreme heat, cold, rain, and other conditions.
- Work is mainly performed in an indoor environment and in close proximity to others.
- Interns will be exposed to those conditions normally encountered in a business office environment.
- The employee is faced with frequent interruptions and must meet with others on a regular basis.
- The noise level in the work environment can be loud, due to professional racing events.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hulman & Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities and/or events.